I had the privilege tonight of reading a letter a 10 year old from our church wrote to Randy Alcorn, author of Courageous: the Novel.
Here is his letter which Randy posted online. Read the whole post and comments here.
Christian, you shine!
Dear writers of Courageous: Mr. Alex Kendrick, Mr. Stephen Kendrick & Mr. Randy Alcorn,
My name is Christian and I am ten years old. I love the bookCourageous that you men wrote. It’s awesome; and it’s my favourite (same with the movie!). Here are 20 notes that stuck out to me:
- When you’re going to do something you have to do it right.
- You HAVE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY
- Don’t let peers tell you how to do everything, take initiative, stand out, and do what’s best.
- Making decisions takes a lot of prayer and thought.
- To go against the flow is hard but it’s worth it in the end.
- Say the truth even when it hurts.
- To be courageous you need to have a lot of integrity.
- Never give up on God.
- Work hard.
- Interview your daughter’s date.
- Be a man of your word.
- Love your family so much that you would be willing to die for them.
- Don’t treat one family member better than the other.
- Don’t ignore the advice of elders.
- Be the head of the home.
- Never give up.
- The prayers of little children are very powerful.
- Don’t be lazy.
- Never give up on your children and influence them when you can.
- Never let go of the wheel (be the man of your life).
Post a Comment